Friday 29 January 2010

Bedroom


This is my daughter's bedroom, I haven't decorated much here. The curtain is coming soon and I have asked our staff in the workshop to paint the birdcage which I bought few days ago. I want to hang a little round birdcage painted in pink.

It is very common to use a bolster here as an addition to a pillow. I don't really like the shape of bolster but we love to use the bolster.

A bolster (etymology: Middle English, derived from Old English, and before that the Germanic word *ƀulstraz) is a long narrow pillowor cushion filled with cotton, down, or fibre. In western countries, it is usually placed at the head of bed and functions as head or back support. In southeast Asian countries, in particular Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand, the bolster is designed to be hugged when sleeping. From : wikipedia

No comments: